I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now: Janet Napolitano is an idiot who is completely unqualified for the position she holds. If anyone doubts the accuracy of that statement, her appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union” today should remove any doubt:
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Sunday that the thwarting of the attempt to blow up an Amsterdam-Detroit airline flight Christmas Day demonstrated that “the system worked.”
Asked by CNN’s Candy Crowley on “State of the Union” how that could be possible when the young Nigerian who has been charged with trying to set off the bomb was able to smuggle explosive liquid onto the jet, Napolitano responded: “We’re asking the same questions.”
With all due respect Madam Secretary, the system failed miserably… a person who was on a terrorist watch list got on to an airplane with an explosive device sewn into his underwear. If it wasn’t for a failed detonator and the quick actions of passengers things would have turned out much differently.
Bottom line Madam Secretary we got lucky this time, the bad guys are going to try again, and again, and again and sooner or later they’re going to get lucky. The sad truth is our screening procedures place to much emphasis on trying to find weapons and not enough on trying to identify terrorists. Until we’re willing to place as much emphasis on preventing terrorists from boarding flights as we are on keeping weapons off we’re going to remain vulnerable.
- Wealthy, quiet, unassuming: the Christmas Day bomb suspect – The Independent
- Missed Warning Signs – Gerald Posner, The Daily Beast
- Peter King rebukes Napolitano – Politico
- Video: Napolitano On Failed Terror Attempt: “The System Worked” – Real Clear Politics
- Poll: “The system worked”? – Hot Air
- Clown alert: Janet Napolitano says the “system worked” – Michelle Malkin