Here’s your chance… Have at them 🙂
Here’s my top ten:
- A strong dollar – The value of the dollar has fallen over much of the
past decade and we’re paying for it in the form of higher prices for oil and
gas among other things. Stabilizing and strengthening the dollar will help
reduce the price of gas and other commodities.
- Tax cuts – Specifically make George W. Bush’s marginal rate reductions
permanent, reduce the capital gains tax rate, eliminate the “death tax” and
cut the corporate tax rate from the current 35 percent to 25 percent.
- Fiscal responsibility – We are not under-taxed, the government spends too
much. Want my vote? End earmarks and balance the budget!
- A strong national defense. – Fight for the NSA surveillance program,
protect telecom companies from frivolous lawsuits, preserve the PATRIOT act,
keep the Guantanamo Bay detention center open, fight to win the wars in
Afghanistan and Iraq. Make sure that our veterans can live out their lives
- Secure borders – This is a very simple thing. Any nation that fails to
defend its borders will eventually cease to be a sovereign nation. Build the
fence, and enforce the laws already on the books!
- Increased domestic energy production – End or at least ease the
restrictions on domestic oil and natural gas drilling.
- Free Market health care solutions – Just say no to government controlled
nationalized health care. We have to best health care system in the world.
Yes there are problems, yes the costs spiraling upwards but nationalized
health care isn’t the answer. Free market ideas like health savings
accounts, tax breaks for small business owners, and tort reform are better
- Tax breaks for families who choose to send their children to private or
parochial schools. – Vouchers are a nonstarter with me but allowing parents
to deduct private or parochial school tuition from their taxes makes sense.
- Social Security and Medicare reform.
- The appointment of judges who recognize that their job is to interpret
the Constitution, NOT legislate from the bench.
Hat Tip: Michelle Malkin